OSS Trademark Policies
From Model Trademark Guidelines
Revision as of 20:47, 17 March 2013 by ShaneCurcuru (Include listing of a number of OSS project policies already in existence)
Many of the established open source groups and foundations have trademark policy pages. This is a partial listing; if you know of other trademark policy pages please add them
- Apache Software Foundation official trademark policy
- trademark policy on "Perl" itself (i.e. the language)
- Nicely detailed about all Mozilla projs
- the basics on "Python"
- very basics on "Chandler"
- OSI's own "approved license" mark
- mostly just icon downloads of "PHP" mark
- Eclipse Foundation holds trademark to most project names
- very detailed
- The Linux Foundation rules on "Linux"
- Branding, events, and other KDE standards
- Since superceded by the ASF's policies when it became Apache Subversion
- Controlled by SFC on behalf of Sugar Labs
- LibreOffice is a registered mark; includes a services policy, and notes "Thus uses of the marks in a domain name or company name without explicit written permission from TDF are prohibited."
- specific guidelines about the AOO/OOo logo